hair loss caused by folliculitis
Folliculitis is a common skin problem where the hair follicle becomes blocked and inflamed, making it red and swollen. This condition can occur anywhere that you have hair. Folliculitis treatment is often something you can do yourself, but more severe cases will require medical treatment.
What causes scalp folliculitis?
Folliculitis is caused by damage to hair follicles, which can be due to a number of things, such as:
- Frequent rubbing or scratching
- Pulling or twisting your hair, including regularly wearing tight ponytails or braids
- Wearing hats frequently
- Regularly wearing helmets for sports
- Using too many hair products, which build up over time
- Regularly shaving your head
There are also a number of factors that can increase your risk of developing folliculitis, including:
- Having a weakened immune system
- Having acne or dermatitis
- Taking medications for acne
- Having coarse or curly hair
How we can help
If you’ve suffered with baldness cause by folliculitis and considering scalp micropigmentation, please look at our FAQs for more information, or get in touch with us today.